Thursday, October 17, 2013

My favorite mistake essay

During summer when it was very sunny and hot, I would always hang out with my cousin and her friends. My older cousin was nineteen but she looked younger because she was quite short for her age. One day in my extremely cold room, I was alone in my room and my parents were deep into their sleep from a very long day at work. As I watched MTV2 my phone rang with my very noisy ringtone. I answered quickly and it was my cousin. My cousin told me to get ready so I can go to the beach with her and her friends who were older than us. When I was done putting on my comfortable clothes, I was ready to sneak out. As I was opening my squeaky window I was frightened when I heard the cars passing by. After that I was ready to walk to my cousin’s house that was about 15 minutes away. It was a very cold night and I was shivering. When I got to her doorstep she said " dude aren't you cold!? Here let me get you a jacket “and I said "Yes! Because I was in a hurry”. Then we got into her friends car and drove to the beach while listening to loud music that hurt my ears. I told them “change the station and turn the volume down” which they responded to “no”. I didn’t say anything after that because they wouldn’t even listen since I was the youngest. It was 2 a.m by the time we got to the beach and it was cold and dark with hardly any light. I was in the sand making a sand castle while the rest were drinking a big bottle of liquor. Around 4:30AM we raced with another friend of ours home. My cousin and I left right after we said bye to everyone. We walked back to my house shivering and we both had the chills, but as I was opening the window to sneak in I saw a car turning into the drive way. As I turned around nervously I saw my uncle getting out of the car and walking up to us. I wasn't sure if to ignore him or make up an excuse right away. I had so many excuses going through my head at that moment and couldn’t think straight. When we walked towards the front door I asked what he was doing here so late and he replied with “I can ask you the same thing ". I just said “the door was locked". The next morning I found out that he told my parents. My parents asked me why I was outside with my cousin so late and I said " he's lying I wasn't even outside. After this I knew that I had to be more careful and not get caught. I had to stop walking alone at night because it's dangerous and you never know what might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment